4-year-old girl raped, auto rickshaw driver held
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped at Dombivali in neighbouring Thane district, by an auto rickshaw driver, who used to ferry her to school, police said on Wednesday.
The incident came to light after the victim's parents filed a police complaint in this connection yesterday following which accused Rajesh Vamne was arrested last night.
He has been booked under various sections of IPC for rape, unnatural offence, assault or criminal force with intent to outrage modesty of woman and causing her hurt, they said.
Vamne will be produced before a Kalyan court today, police said.
The sexual abuse occurred on November 27 when Vamne picked up the minor girl from her school to drop her home in his auto rickshaw. Instead of taking her home, Vamne took the girl to his house and allegedly raped her. The minor was told not reveal this to anyone at home, police said.
However on reaching home, she cried and narrated the incident to her parents. Initially, they did not register a complaint for fear of disgrace, but yesterday decided to inform the police, which picked up Vamne.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held