5 killed in Hyderabad fire mishap
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
At least five persons, including a child, were charred and over a dozen injured in a fire accident at Manikonda area in the city, the police said.
The mishap occurred at Puppalguda at around 8.45 pm when the blaze, which started from a makeshift shed erected by a local shooting unit, engulfed a nearby residential apartment, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwarka Tirumala Rao told PTI.
He, however, said it was not yet clear whether the victims were residents of the building or comprise any members of the crew.
The cause of the fire is being investigated, Rao said, adding the blaze spread due to a pile of plastic lying near the shed.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held