5 students molest teacher at school in Adarsh Nagar, arrested: Police
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
They dragged her out of the classroom and tried to molest her. She managed to wriggle out, ran towards the staff room and called police, an officer said
A 36-year-old teacher of a government school in Northwest Delhi was allegedly molested by five students during school hours earlier this week.
The students have been arrested and produced in court, police said.
Police said the incident took place around 11 am on Tuesday inside Adarsh Nagar Government School when the complainant was teaching.
The married teacher is from Shalimar Bagh. She used to teach English at Sarai Rohilla Government School before being transferred a month ago to Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya in Adarsh Nagar.
"It is a co-educational institute. On November 6, the complainant was teaching when the five accused students molested her. They are between 18-19 years of age," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northwest) P Karunakaran said.
Police said she was teaching students of Class XII-B when the five boys barged into the classroom and tried to stop her.
"They surrounded her. When she asked what they wanted, they said, 'We want you. We want the teacher'. Then they dragged her out of the classroom and tried to molest her. They were abusive and used foul language," a senior police officer said.
The woman managed to wriggle out and ran towards the staff room, the officer said. "She informed the other teachers about the incident. Then she alerted police about it. The accused are residents of Jahangirpuri and were taken into custody," he said.
A case of molestation, obstructing a public servant in discharging duty and assault on a public servant has been registered at the Adarsh Nagar police station.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’