52-year-old dies of swine flu
A 52-year-old HIV-positive man from Nevasa tehsil in Ahmednagar district died of swine flu late on Wednesday. He is the 20th person in Pune civic limits to die of the disease since April this year. The victim was admitted to the isolation ward of Poona hospital on October 7. According to Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) authorities, for the past eight days, he had been showing symptoms like cough and breathlessness. He was also on anti-retroviral treatment. When his condition worsened, he was admitted to Poona Hospital, they said, adding that there was a delay in him seeking treatment. He was given tamiflu tablet on October 7, the authorities said. His throat swab tested positive for the H1N1 virus on October 9. In Pimpri-Chinchwad, nine deaths due to swine flu have been reported since April this year.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow