597 commercial properties sealed in city for tax default
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation officials have sealed 597 commercial properties in five days in the city for tax default. As many as 134 properties were sealed on Saturday. In the west zone, the officials sealed 49 properties on the fifth day. Prior to this, 148 properties were sealed in west zone in first four days. The AMC also received Rs 8,53,642 toward tax dues from defaulters, officials said. No properties were sealed in central, west and new west zone during the week, said AMC officials.
Solution to global warming lies in Indian spirituality, says Modi
Ahmedabad: Hailing Indian spirituality for having solution to problems such as global warming and terrorism, Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the world was yet to realise its full potential. "The world has accepted the power of our youth in information technology, but it has yet to realise India's power of spirituality. Solutions to so many global problems such as global warming lie in the path shown by our saints, through our spirituality," he said.
Four killed in road accident
Ahmedabad: Four persons, including two women and a child, were killed and two others injured after a rickshaw in which they were travelling collided with a mini-truck on Patan-Harij road on Sunday, police said. The mishap took place around 4 pm when 10 persons, travelling in a rickshaw, were returning from Kungher Temple at Patan. The driver of the mini-truck fled from the spot.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held