65 women police stations to tackle crime:Mamata
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday said her government is setting up 65 all-woman police stations across the state to tackle crimes against woman.
Addressing a rally here in Jalpaiguri district in north Bengal, Banerjee said: "In Bengal there will be 65 all-woman police stations. Of them 10 have already been set up." Official sources said the sanctioned strength of the police stations was an inspector, eight sub-inspectors, eight assistant sub-inspectors and 30 constables.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow