65th International Tablighi Ijtema begins in Bhopal
The three-day 65th annual Aalmi Tablighi Ijtema (International Islamic congregation) began at Eintkheri on Saturday morning with the 'Namaz-e-fajir' (morning prayer) in the presence of a number of Islamic scholars from India and abroad.
Special prayers were offered in the name of Allah for the well-being of the community, peace and harmony in the country and in the world, Ijtema Committee spokesman, Atique-ul-Isalm said.
Hundreds of Muslims including Islamic scholars and intellectuals from across the globe are attending the three-day congregation which is the biggest in India and the fourth biggest after the Haj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabi and such assemblies in Bangladesh and Pakistan, Atique said.
He said the three-day annual congregation would draw more than 10 lakh devotees who started arriving in large number from all over India and about 25 countries including Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Tajikistan, France, Morocco, Bangladesh, Iraq, UAE, Sri Lanka and South Africa.
During the Ijtema, Islamic scholars including Maulana Zubair-ul-Hasan (Hazrat ji), Maulana Saad, Maulana Ahmad Laat, Maulana Shaukat, Maulana Ismail, Maulana Shareef (Barabanki), Maulana Chirghuddin (Jaipur) and many others will deliver sermons on life and practices of Prophet Mohammad, the teachings of 'Quraan' and on the Islamic Shariat (Law).
Considering the increase in jamaats every year, more than 30 acres of land was being used only to erect tents for followers from India and abroad, 110 acres for vehicles and more than 10 acres for food zone.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations