6-year-old cooks up murder story, sends police officers in tizzy
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
A six-year-old girl sent police in Southeast Delhi on a wild goose chase after she claimed that her friend's head was chopped off and was buried at a secluded spot in Sangam Vihar.
Officers swung into action after her parents told police about it. Police questioned the girl in the presence of her parents, but she could not remember the name of her friend or the place where she was buried.
It was later revealed that the girl cooked up the story. A police officer said she had gone to her neighbour's house to play with her friends and got late in returning home.
"Fearing that her parents might scold her, she told them that she saw somebody killing her friend by chopping off her head and then burying the body at a secluded place," the officer said.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Southeast) Ajay Chaudhary said: "There's no such incident. The child made up a story. There is nothing to worry."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow