7-year-old girl drowns in trench at Kalewadi
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A seven-year-old girl drowned in a trench at a construction site at Kalewadi on Saturday. According to police, the girl has been identified as Lakshmi Priya Vasudev Hati.
Police said the girl was coming back from school and started playing at the construction site and accidently fell into a trench filled with water that led to her death.
The incident came to light only after her mother started searching for her. She and the girl's grandmother had gone out for some work and on their return found that the girl had not reached home from school.
The girl's body was fished out from the trench and shifted to the hospital which declared her dead on arrival.
Police said the girl was studying in UKG and her father works at a private company.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow