8 from varsity’s secrecy branch suspended, names sent to police
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
In the ongoing investigations of the answer-sheets scam unearthed in Rohtak's Maharshi Dayanand University (MDU), eight officials of the secrecy branch of the university were placed under suspension on Friday.
All eight are likely to be booked by the Haryana Police on criminal charges, since their names have been forwarded by the university authorities to the Rohtak police for necessary action.
Officers placed under suspension include a superintendent, two assistants, a data entry operator and four clerks, including two women.
While talking to The Indian Express, Dr R P Hooda, MDU Vice-Chancellor, said: "All eight have been indicted by the inquiry committee and their roles were found questionable in the scam. I suspended them on Friday, and forwarded their names to the police. In the suspension orders, I have mentioned that the officials' roles were found conspiratorial, suspicious, fraudulent and negligent because of which they were placed under suspension".
Around 2,000 answersheets were recovered from the terrace of the university's administrative block last week. This was the second such incident in the last one year, where answersheets, which were supposed to be kept under lock and key in the secrecy branch, were found lying unattended.
On January 1, answersheets were recovered from the first and second floor of the administrative block. It appeared that somebody had tried to smuggle the answersheets out of the secrecy branch, but could not carry the entire lot.
"We are yet to ascertain how many answersheets had so far been smuggled from the secrecy branch. A detailed report is being prepared by the inquiry committee officials. Once they submit their report, necessary action will be taken," a senior university official said.
On Friday, the Rohtak police registered a case against MDU's security guard Jaswant Singh and officials of the secrecy branch of the university. Acting on the complaint lodged by the Vice-Chancellor Dr R P Hooda, an FIR was registered on charges of burglary.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held