8 men gangrape girl in Aurangabad
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 22-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by eight men in Baijipura locality here in the wee hours today, police said.
According to police, the gang forcibly took the victim with them when she was home late last night. She was taken to a nearby secluded place and raped.
Hearing the girl's screams, people residing nearby came to the spot and caught hold of Ram Bodkhe and Pratik Chinchole. The remaining accused managed to escape. The duo were beaten up and later handed over to police.
Police said Bodkhe was allegedly involved in another rape case earlier. A case has been registered and search is on to nab the other accused, they added.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet