8 policemen suspended
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Three for not reacting to complaint of man robbed by rape accused, five for not checking people drinking in public.
Three police personnel were suspended on Saturday for lapse in acting on the complaint by a carpenter, Ram Adhar, who was the first target of the six men travelling on a chartered bus on December 16. Police said five more personnel were suspended after a surprise check by Union Home Secretary R K Singh found men drinking in public in Connaught Place.
During inspection, Singh found that officers on duty did not check those drinking in public.
Those suspended are constables Kailash, Ashok and Sandeep of Hauz Khas police station, and Sub-Inspector Rajeshwar, Head Constable Inder Pal and constables Jagmal Pardeep and Chottelal of Connaught Place police station.
DCP (South) Chhaya Sharma on Saturday elaborated the "painstaking and meticulous operation", through which the six accused were arrested. "Our team has done a good job," she said.
Sharma said several teams were sent to Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and UP in search of the juvenile, who was nabbed from Anand Vihar ISBT late Thursday. Akshay Kumar Singh alias Thakur (28), the sixth accused in the case, was arrested a day later from Aurangabad in Bihar.
"The juvenile belongs to Badayun in UP. He ran away from his home five years ago. In Delhi, he worked at a few dhabas in East Delhi and then joined bus contractors as a helper," Sharma said.
Police said the juvenile was hired by bus owners for his unique style of calling the attention of passengers. He met Ram Singh, the first to be arrested in the case, while working for a travel company in Karkardooma.
Police said the juvenile had called up Singh before the incident. "His number on Ram Singh's phone led us to Karkardooma, where one Bhatia led us to bus contractors who had employed the boy," Sharma said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow