8-year-old raped in Maval; hunt on to arrest suspect
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
An eight-year-old girl was raped by an unidentified person near her home on Kamshet-Pavananagar Road in Vadgaon Maval on Friday night, police said on Sunday.
The Vadgaon Maval police said a case was registered on Saturday after the girl told the mother about the incident. The girl's parents are migrant labourers.
Inspector Sopan More said: "The girl's parents were at
home and she was playing outside when an unidentified person offered her biscuits and
took her to a secluded place and raped her."
He added that they were yet to identify the suspect. "The girl is not in a condition to give us details. We have formed two teams to search for him," said More.
In another case, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of marrying her. The Faraskhana police have booked a person from Hadapsar in connection with the case. Police said the suspect maintained physical relations with the girl but refused to marry her after she got pregnant. The man is yet to be arrested.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet