9 open fire at rival group, two held
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Nine persons allegedly opened fire at three members of a rival group near Mudlana village in Sonepat on Sunday, following which, the police arrested two accused on charges of attempt to murder and under the provisions of the Arms Act. The police have also recovered one .315 bore pistol, one revolver, a double barrel gun and five rounds of ammunition from them.
The incident took place when Mudlana residents Rajesh and Om Prakash and Busana village's Ramniwas were on their way to Mudlana in their Ford Endeavour car. "When they reached near the village, a group of armed youngsters, who were following them in two cars, opened fire. Rajesh, who was driving, increased the speed of his car, but the assailants kept on shooting. The three, however, escaped unhurt and reached the Mudlana police post," said Sonepat police spokesperson.
He added: "A case has been registered. While two accused — Ram Kumar and Devi — were arrested, the others are absconding."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held