9-yr-old molested in BMC school
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A nine-year-old girl was allegedly molested by an unidentified man on the second floor of her school in Shivaji Nagar Friday afternoon.
Shivaji Nagar police said the class II student of a BMC-run school saw the accused loitering on the second floor. He rushed towards her, dragged her into a toilet, touched her inappropriately and fled.
"It was over within a couple of minutes. Prima facie he was not a school employee. A lot of people have been entering the school to register for Aadhaar cards. He could have been one," said Senior Police Inspector Radheshyam Agrawal of Shivaji Nagar police station.
Police said the sudden assault disoriented the girl and she did not inform anyone in school. She told her parents who registered a police complaint on Friday night. Based on description given by the girl, police are searching for a bearded man aged around 40. The girl has said he was in a formal shirt and trousers.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held