A Raja walks out of jail, DMK workers celebrate
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A Raja, the prime accused in 2G spectrum scam, today walked out of Tihar jail amid a rousing welcome by DMK workers who burst crackers celebrating the release of the former Telecom Minister on bail.
As the 49-year-old Lok Sabha MP stepped out of Gate no.4 of the Tihar jail, he was received by DMK MP from Kanyakumari J Halen Davidson.
Dressed in his trademark white shirt and 'dhoti', Raja came out of Gate No 4 even as many of his supporters waiving DMK flags and DMK Parliamentary Party leader T R Baalu waited at Gate no. 3 to receive him.
Raja quickly took his seat in a grey Toyota Corola as lensmen jostled with hundreds of DMK supporters to capture the moment.
A few of Raja's supporters managed to shake hands with him while others followed his car in buses and other vehicles.
Raja did not speak to journalists.
Earlier in the day after Raja was granted bail, DMK leadership swung into action without losing any time to complete the formalities for securing the bail order from the court after furnishing the bail bond and sureties for his release from jail today itself.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held