David Ferrer beats Nicolas Almagro, into Australian Open semi- Finals
David Ferrer has continued his career-long mastery of Nicolas Almagro, rallying from two sets down for a 4-6, 4-6, 7-5, 7-6 (4), 6-2 win in an Australian Open quarterfinal Tuesday.
It was Ferrer's 13th consecutive victory over his Spanish Davis Cup teammate. Almagro served for the match in the 10th game of the third set and the 10th and 12th games of the fourth set, but was broken each time by Ferrer.
Fourth-seeded Ferrer will play either top-ranked Novak Djokovic, the defending champion, or Tomas Berdych in the semifinals.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations