Decks cleared for $10-bn IAF fighter jet deal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Decks have been cleared for the finalisation of $10-billion deal to provide 126 new fighter aircraft to the IAF. The Defence Acquisition Council headed by Defence Minister on Friday cleared the opening of commercial bids for the two contenders — Eurofighter and Rafale.
Sources said the two parties will be called for opening of commercial bids within 10 days following which the winner would be decided.
Formal letters inviting the two companies for commercial bidding are likely to be issued shortly. Top honchos from both firms are expected to fly in within a week's time.
However, it may take about a month after opening of the bids to determine the winning contender. Sources said an agreement to buy new fighter would be signed in the current financial year.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM