I am real, not bold: Chitrangada Singh
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Her choice of films and roles have have earned her the 'bold' tag in Bollywood but actress Chitrangada Singh feels she is real and much more subtle than other heroines.
"I don't think I am bold. It is not the right word. I am not physically bold but very strong headed. I am not a 'sati savitri'. I am more real in that sense and I feel that way I am bold. There are lot more bold scenes in other films done by other actresses. But I am very proud of my choices," Chitrangada told PTI in an interview.
The 36-year-old actress made a successful debut with the critically acclaimed film "Hazaaron Khwaishen Aisi" in 2003 and followed it up with other off-beat films like "Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow", "Sorry Bhai" and "Yeh Saali Zindagi".
And she says she is bothered by the fact that only a certain kind of roles are offered to her by some directors.
"Having a particular image does bother me. I hate being boxed and have others thinking I can only be a part of certain kinds of films and do particular roles. I want to do everything and I am happy that there are good directors who are giving me something different," she says.
Chitrangada officially forayed into commercial cinema with Rohit Dhawan's "Desi Boyz" opposite Akshay Kumar in 2011 and then followed it up with an item number in Shirish Kunder's "Joker" last year.
"I was trying to do something different and so I did the song 'Kafirana'. It was something that no body expected me to do. I also did a very commercial 'Desi Boyz'. I would love to do both kind of films - commercial and off-beat. It is ideal to be in the middle and take your chances," she says.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held