Mamata’s gift to Bengal
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
* To promote sports, cultural and extra-curricular activities, indoor stadium will be developed at Bongaon near the India-Bangladesh border
* To open nursing colleges on railway's land in Kolkata
* Medical college will be set up at Barasat, B R Singh Hospital
* The Metro Railway Hospital at Tollygunge is proposed to be upgraded to a 75-bed hospital.
* The Indian Railways has planned to acquire 18,000 wagons under rolling stock programme as against 11,000 wagons in 2008-09. Railway budget proposes to initiate the process for taking over wagon units of Burn Standard.
* Railway Budget proposes to take over Basumati Sahitya Mandir, a state Public Undertaking in West Bengal
* Proposal to set up a new coach factory at Kanchrapara-Halisahar railway complex, where EMU/MEMUs and Metro coaches will be produced.This unit will be set up in a joint venture on a Public-Private Partnership mode.
* Howrah having been declared as a world class station, there is a need to segregate the suburban services to accommodate upgraded facilities. In this context, decongestion of Howrah by shifting suburban services to Saltgola will also be undertaken. Plans to undertake the following works:
a) Dakshineswar-Dum Dum-Barrackpore metro extension
b) Development of terminal at Majerhat
c) Majerhat-Diamond Harbour via Joka
d) Majerhat to Diamond Harbour, including Kidderpore-Garden Reach-Budge Budge
e) Dum Dum to Garia via Rajarhat
f) Dum Dum to Barasat metro extension
g) Park Circus to Bantala
* Survey for electrification will be carried out for Farakka Phase I up to Rampurhat
1. New Jalpaiguri-Sealdah Superfast (Tri-weekly)
2. Howrah-Bangalore Superfast (Weekly)
3. Ranchi-Howrah (3 days via Ghatshila-Kharagpur and 3 days via Asansol )
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'