Mamata to take decision with Kalam out of race
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
With A P J Abdul Kalam opting out of the Presidential race today, Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, who proposed his name, would take a decision
"We have just heard that Kalam is out of the race. Mamata Banerjee will take a decision. What the decision will be will be conveyed to the media," Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha member Kunal Ghosh said today.
"Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress have done their duty by proposing his name for the presidential election as the ablest candidate for the highest post," he said.
Evading a reply whether Trinamool Congress would now support former Lok Sabha Speaker P A Sangma, the Trinamool Congress MP said "whatever decision the party chief will take will be conveyed to you.
"It is not on TMC alone but other parties also. Let them decide whom they will support," he added.
Commenting on Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh's remarks against the Trinamool Congress chief for which he was later snubbed by the AICC, Ghosh said "we do not want to topple the UPA or leave the UPA."
He said "if the top leadership of the Congress feels that we are unwanted and it is officially communicated to us, then Mamata Banerjee may consider the issue."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'