Man suspects wife of infidelity, has baby aborted
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A 22-year-old woman has accused her husband and in-laws of drugging her and getting her child aborted.
Impreet Kaur approached the Geeta Colony police on Sunday evening, alleging that her husband Rajdeep Singh and in-laws Gurdeep Singh and Devendra took her to his sister's house in Preet Vihar on Saturday and gave her tea laced with drugs.
Kulwant Singh, Impreet's father, told Newsline outside Geeta Colony police station that: "My daughter fell unconscious after that. They (the in-laws) had hired a private nurse (tai), who came and aborted the child Impreet was carrying. They also threatened to kill her."
A medical examination confirmed that the abortion did take place.
Impreet said her husband took the step as he suspected her of infidelity. She went to her father's home in Shalimar Bagh and told her parents about the abortion. Her parents took her to the Geeta Colony police station, where she filed a complaint. Police officials said a case was registered immediately.
When they went to Rajdeep Singh's house in Geeta Colony, a property dealer in the area, they found that he was absconding. Gurdeep and Devendra were, however, arrested.
The police have also traced the private nurse who conducted the abortion. Police sources said the nurse told them she conducted the abortion but was not aware that it was against the consent of the complainant.
The sources also said Rajdeep carried an unlicensed gun and Impreet has alleged that he threatened to kill her with it.
The couple were married in December last year. Rajdeep and his parents immediately had a problem with Impreet's father because he did not adhere to certain Sikh traditions. They even threatened to call off the wedding if he was present at the ceremony.
Impreet has also told the police that immediately after their marriage, Rajdeep started assaulting and abusing her for dowry.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet