Rahulís pick defeated in Kerala Youth Congress elections
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In the organisational elections of the Youth Congress's Kerala unit held on Tuesday ó after a gap of 30 years ó the Antony group of the party gained victory over the 'I' faction. The Antony group is managed by senior state leader Ommen Chandy and the other group by Kerala Pradesh Congress chief Ramesh Chennithala.
In the election to the post of the state president, 'A' group nominee P C Vishnunath defeated M Liju, who was last year nominated through AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi's talent search. Liju, a confidant of Chennithala, would be the vice-president now. Union minister Vayalar Ravi, Chennithala and K Karunakaran's daughter Padmaja Venugopal had contested under the banner of 'I'.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet