Workshop on astronomy at PU
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The year 2009 is being celebrated as the International year of astronomy by UNESCO and IAU (International Astronomical Union) as it marks the 400 years of the first use of a telescope by Galileo that eventually led to a scientific revolution.
As a part of these celebrations, Panjab University in collaboration with IUCAA, Pune and ISRO, Bangalore, is organising workshop in astronomy and astrophysics starting November 19. In all 40 students from various colleges and institutes from the northern regions of India have been selected for the program. Speakers from various institutes shall deliver lectures on observational astronomy, star formation and evolution, galaxies, besides practical astronomy.
City students shine in moot court competition at Kochi
CHANDIGARH :A team comprising Nitish Saxena, Pranshu Chaturvedi and Tanishth Goyal brought laurels to UILS, Panjab University at the Surana & Surana National Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition (India-South Rounds) organized at NUALS in Kochi. The team was adjudged runners up in the competition. The team also won the Spirit of Surana Award and the Second Best Memorial Award. Pranshu Chaturvedi won the Best Trial Advocate of the Year Award.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held