Credit score: A good credit history for a secured future
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Be practical: Don't apply for credit cards or loans if you don't need to, as it means increasing your credit exposure. Also, always remember — more credit cards means you have more room to spend even if you do not have the means to repay back the debt.
Be a planner: Keep a tab on your savings. At times, it is better to pay back outstanding loans by using up some of your savings than paying interest on the debt. Not only does it mean a better credit score, but in the end you also save more as the interest component on loans is usually much higher than what you earn by keeping cash in your savings account or in a fixed deposit.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'