A Mid-Summer Dream
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Mango Manicures and Pedicures at Rewa Escape keep your hands smelling fruity, for hours to come. The treatment starts with a banana and almond scrub that aims to moisturise the skin and remove any dead cells, and ends with the application of the nail polish of your choice. While most of the process is quite standard, the mango mask — made from fresh mangoes — makes you want to bite your nails, in a good way for a change.
Rs 1,000 each, Rewa Escape, Bhulabhai Desai Road
Mango on Rice
Pan-Asian food isn't known for its desserts. That's only because we haven't sampled Mango Sticky Rice as yet. Available at Trikaya, the pan-Asian restaurant in Versova, the dish is a mixture of ripe mangoes and rice soaked in coconut milk. The best part of the dish is the blend of the coconut and rice with the large slices of mango on top.
Rs 300, Trikaya, Seven Bungalows, Andheri West
Come summer, most ice-cream makers start churning out flavours featuring Alphonso mangoes. A lip-smacking exception to this is Kachi Kairi sorbet introduced by Gelato Italiano. The first bite is refreshing, though the flavour of raw mango is masked by the taste of sugar syrup and jaljeera. Those who have developed a palate for more exotic flavours may scorn it, but traditionalists who associate it with sipping on a gola on summer evenings at the beach, will love it.
Rs 30 per scoop, at select Gelato Italiano outlets, from May 7 onwards
Move over mango and cream, there's a new combination in town. Yogurtbay, in Bandra and Breach Candy, offers a special Mango Pie that has a layer of crunchy gram crackers topped with mango yogurt, cream and chunks of ripe mango. In addition to this, the store also has a Mango Pavlova that is a mix of brownie, vanilla yogurt, passion fruit puree and pieces of mango.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM