A night to remember
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Glamour, glitz, showbiz, spectacle and large doses of entertainment ensured that the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards on Saturday was an affair to remember in Bollywood. What made it so special was the presence of stars and the members of the fraternity in good numbers, magnificent performances and acts. Most importantly, it was an occasion to celebrate all that makes Indian cinema enjoy such an overriding impact in popular consciousness. Talk brings you some of the best moments of the awards night.
At the Screen Awards, Ayushmann Khurana met veteran Shah Rukh Khan and used this opportunity to seek some career advice. In response, the superstar orchestrated a parade of children wearing masks that resembled Khurana — a friendly dig at the young actor's sleeper hit Vicky Donor.
Priyanka Chopra demonstrated that she can take risks on- and off-screen. She left the audience enthralled when she mounted an airborne set piece.
Amitabh Bachchan was conferred the Legend of Indian Cinema honour by Shabana Azmi, Vidya Balan and Riteish Deshmukh while Shah Rukh Khan played host. On the occasion, Bachchan spoke about his special relationship with Screen Awards.
In one of the most spectacular acts of the evening, Sonakshi Sinha performed on a medley of her latest hits. The audience reaction reaffirmed her popularity among the masses.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’