Aadhaar work to be speeded up to be in time for gas subsidy
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
With the government keen on starting disbursal of subsidy on LPG cylinders from June 2013, Pune district claims to be all set to complete 60 per cent of Aadhaar work by the end of December and speed up the process in the coming year to finish the remaining work.
At a recent meeting, Pune District Collector Vikas Deshmukh and LPG dealers and oil companies discussed Aadhaar-linked gas subsidy transfer system. With Pune district speeding up its Aadhar drive and setting a target of 60 per cent for this year, LPG distributors said those having UID numbers should give them in the Know Your Consumer (KYC) forms.
"We, as LPG distributors, are asking the customers to fill their KYC forms before November 30. Those seeking new connections can go in for non-subsidised connection," said state LPG distributors' association head Usha Poonawalla.
The district collector has procured nearly 200 machines for the Aadhar project. He said Aadhaar-linked bank accounts were on the cards and Pune was part of the pilot project for bank-linked accounts. The others cities are Mumbai, Nandurbar, Amravati and Wardha.
Pune has so far completed only 32 per cent of the work on the UID project.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM