Aamir was keen on acting in 'Delly Belly'
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Producer-actor Aamir Khan, who is looking forward to the release of his upcoming home production 'Delhi Belly', says he was keen on acting in the movie but stepped back due to weight issues.
"I was very keen on acting in the movie. I wanted to play the role of Kunal Roy Kapoor...I just loved his character..he is fat. For that character I had to gain lot of weight. I did not want to gain weight...as I know how it is...it is really tough to lose it," Aamir told reporters here after unveiling the first theatrical promo of the movie along with director Abhinay Deo.
About the film, he said, "there is no skin show in the movie but it is bold and irreverent. Its not meant for kids."
'Delhi Belly' is a comic caper targeted at the young audience. "People who can't identify with disrespectful and unclean language ought to stay away from it. Its an adult film. But it was an amazing script and I just had to produce this film," the 46-year-old actor said.
The movie has been given 'A' rating and the promos boldly feature scenes of sexual connotations. "When we went to the Censors, we approached them for an A-certificate. Censor Board hasn't cut any scenes from the film, and in fact seems to have enjoyed the film themselves," Aamir said.
The film stars Imran Khan, Kunal Roy Kapoor, Poorna Jagannathan, Vir Das, Shenaz Treasurywala in pivotal roles.
The promos of 'Delly Belly' will be played in cinemas alongside Ekta Kapoor's 'Ragini MMS' from this Friday. The film releases on July 1.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations