Abhishek Verma’s wife alleges threat by prisoner
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Romanian wife of tainted arms dealer Abhishek Verma, Anca Maria Neascu told the Special CBI Court on Monday that she was facing 'extortion threats' from a fellow inmate at the women's prison at Tihar Jail. Anca, along with Verma, is an accused in cases involving money laundering, forgery and leak of official secret documents.
In her plea asking the court to allow her to travel in a separate jail vehicle, she stated that a fellow undertrial prisoner, allegedly from a 'criminal gang', had threatened her. The judge, Sanjeev Jain, has sought a report from the jail superintendant.
Meanwhile, Verma was granted bail in the forgery case filed by the CBI. The bail was granted as the CBI failed to file a chargesheet in the case within the stipulated 60-day period.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow