Abhishek Kapoor didn't know I was an actress, says Amrita Puri
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The pretty young woman from the world of Aisha and Blood Money is back. Kai Po Che a bromance, has a quintessential romantic angle also coming in courtesy Amrita Puri. She may not be dominating the promos or hogging the limelight for this Abhishek Kapoor directed film. However, she has managed to keep her stint on with filmmaking houses of repute. Now that less than 24 hours remain for the release of Kai Po Che , Amrita knows that this is yet another step, albeit not so big, taken in the right direction.
First things first Amrita, in a male dominated flick like Kai Po Che , how exactly do you fit in?
Yes, it is correct that the film is basically a story of boys and their friendship. Par phir har picture mein ek heroine toh hoti hi hai aur yahan main hoon (smiles). When I read the script, I could see that my character of Vidya come like a breath of fresh air. She is the only romantic angle in the film and comes in at numerous points when the narrative turns a little too heavy and dramatic. She provides relief to the proceedings as she lightens things up. While she is the love interest of Rajkumar (Yadav), she is Sushant's (Singh Rajput) sister; she is involved with lives of each of the three boys.
Meanwhile, it must have been flattering to see the fourth boy, though not exactly a young one, Abhishek to rope you in as the only leading lady in the film.
(Smiles) Yeah, it was great. On the basis of the way he brought together characters in Rock On, I knew that it was not the size of the role that would matter in Kai Po Che . I knew for fact that he would present me in a way where quality and not quantity would speak the loudest. That made me excited; I knew he would extract a good performance out of me.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’