AC double decker train on Delhi-Chandigarh route soon
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
To cater to the growing number of passengers between Delhi and Chandigarh, the Railways has decided to start an AC double decker train between the two cities. The
12-coach AC double decker train with fire alarm system is expected to be pressed into service by February next year, a senior Railway Ministry official said. The Railways is also mulling to introduce electrical multiple units (EMU) train sets on Delhi-Chandigarh and Delhi-Amritsar, the official said.
32 more dengue cases reported in city
New Delhi: Thirty-two cases of dengue were reported in the city on Sunday, taking the number of those affected by the mosquito-borne disease to 1,936 this season. Three more cases were reported from outside Delhi.
Man arrested with cocaine worth Rs 7 cr
New Delhi: A Nigerian national has been arrested for allegedly smuggling 1.36 kg cocaine, worth about Rs 7 crore, in body lotion bottles at the IGI Airport. Customs officials intercepted Magret Afolake Adetola on Saturday and carried out a search of her baggage. She had arrived here from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The 38-year-old woman was found to be carrying 13 plastic bottles of beauty lotions. "Thirteen plastic polythene packets containing white powdery substance were found concealed within," a Customs official said.
Two arrested for murdering colleague
New Delhi: Two youths were arrested for allegedly murdering their colleague. Hevbi Lal (24) and Devender (20) were arrested on Saturday for the murder of Rajpal who was working at a screen printing unit. Rajpal was found murdered near Asaf Ali Road in Shastri Park of Central Delhi on Friday morning, police said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'