Accounts of 30 NGOs frozen, 70 banned from receiving foreign funds: govt
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The government has frozen accounts of 30 NGOs and banned 70 other voluntary organisations from receiving foreign contribution following allegation of violation of laws.
Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran told Rajya Sabha that 24 such cases have been referred to the CBI while seven other cases have been given to state police for investigation.
"Accounts of 30 NGOs have been frozen, 35 NGOs have been placed in prior permission category and 70 NGOs have been prohibited from receiving foreign contribution," he said.
The Minister said a total of Rs 9,946.91 crore was received as foreign contribution by various non-governmental organisations in 2007-08 and Rs 10,993.56 crore was received as foreign contribution by the NGOs in 2008-09.
Rs 10,352.07 crore was received by various NGOs as foreign contribution during 2009-10, he said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held