Accused in police remand till Dec 31
A local court Thursday remanded Maninderpal Singh alias Sunny Johar, Rishi Banda, and Amandeep Singh in police custody till December 31.
The trio was arrested on Wednesday on charges of allegedly assaulting Paramjeet Singh, a NRI, and Assistant IG SS Mand.
Though police claimed that Mand got hurt in a scuffle, but sources said that CCTV footage revealed that the police official was attacked.
Earlier, as the trio entered the court complex covered in soiled blankets, A plaster was seen on Sunny's right foot but he walked on his own to the second floor of the court complex for the hearing. Later they were taken to CIA staff office.
Sources revealed that family members and few friends tried to meet the trio and were seen around the CIA complex. However Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh said, "No one was allowed to meet the accused."
Sources also revealed that Sunny, by late evening had complained of high BP and pain in chest. But Ishwar Singh denied this also.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow