ACP directs cracker dealers to take safety measuers
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Ludhiana assistant commissioner of police (ACP) Swapan Sharma issued a list of direction to wholeslaers of crackers, on Wednesday, after inspecting creacker sites at Dana Mandi.
One of the directions were: parking inside the venue of cracker stalls will not be allowed and eatables will be prohibited keeping in mind safety issues.
Sharma also directed wholesaler cracker dealers to maintain fire safety measures at their sites and install the latest fire-fighting equipment, which has earlier not been followed by the dealers.
ACP Sharma said that smoking will not be allowed inside cracker selling venues and dealers will not be allowed to sub-lett their stalls.
A total of 33 stalls have been alloted to wholesalers at Dana mandi. Retailers will be alloted sites in a few days. Last year, excise department collected more than Rs 1 crore as advance sales tax and aims to increase their target this year.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet