Adani Enterprises Q3 net profit up 2.17 pc at Rs 416.11 cr
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Hit by over 50 per cent increase in finance costs and shrinking margins, Adani Enterprises today reported a marginal growth of 2.17 per cent in consolidated net profit at Rs 416.11 crore during the third quarter ended December 31, 2012.
The flagship company of the Adani group had reported a net profit of Rs 407.28 crore during the same quarter of the previous fiscal.
Net sales of the company were up 51 per cent to Rs 13,610.29 crore during the quarter vis-a-vis Rs 9,014.73 crore of the October-December period of FY'12, it said in a filing to the BSE.
However, company's total expenses, at Rs 12,373.88 crore during the Q3, accounted for nearly 91 per cent of its net sales.
Besides, its finance cost also increased by 50.84 per cent to Rs 1,068.37 crore in the quarter, thereby squeezing the profit growth.
On a standalone basis, Adani's net profit during the quarter was down by over 40 per cent to Rs 29.85 crore.
However, its standalone income went up by nearly 175 per cent to Rs 3,301 crore.
"Our overall performance is expected to improve substantially as the additional capacities get operational and the much awaited power sector measures are implemented," Adani group chairman Gautam Adani said in a separate statement.
Adani Group CFO Devang Desai said: "Our overall performance has been good with substantial contribution from coal trading and ports which have offset the continuing downward pressure from the power business."
During the quarter, the company also secured 'Consent to Operate' for Parsa Kente coal block in Chhattisgarh from Chhattisgarh Environment Conservation Board, it said, adding that the company has started the work for extraction of coal and will start the supply of coal in the subsequent quarter."
Adani Enterprises has also completed coal mining exploration programme at the Carmichael mine in Australia and established Joint Ore Reserves Committee's (JORC) standard resource of 9.4 billion in the Galilee Basin Tenement.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet