Adani-M2K to invest Rs 1,000 cr on housing project in Gurgaon
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Adani Group's real estate venture Adani Realty today announced its tie up with Delhi-based M2K Group to develop a premium housing project in Gurgaon at an investment of about Rs 1,000 crore.
Adani Group, a nearly USD 8 billion company primarily engaged in power, coal and logistics businesses, has formed an equal joint venture with M2K to develop the project 'Oyster Grande' spread over 40 acre in Gurgaon near Dwarka Expressway.
"We have projects in Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Kochi. Now we are foraying into the NCR market as it is an important region in the country. Dwarka Expressway is an upcoming destination," Adani Advisory LLP CEO Ameet Desai told reporters here.
Asked about the investment on this project, he said it would be about Rs 1,000 crore including both the phases. The proposed investment would be met through internal accruals, debt and advances from customers.
Giving details about the project, M2K President Vikash Bhagchandka said the JV company is launching 756 flats in the first phase and there would be about 1,500-2,000 units in the entire projects.
"We are launching this project at Rs 6,300/sq ft, which is very competitive considering the quality and specification we are providing," Desai said. The size of the units varies from about 1,600 sq ft to over 7,000 sq ft. The cost of each flat would be in range of about Rs 1-4.5 crore.
On the overall realty business, Desai said the venture is currently contributing less than 5 per cent to the total group turnover.
"We are in build-up phase. We are developing various projects. The revenue would start coming after 2-3 years but still it would be lower than the other business," Desai said, adding the group is committed to long-term investment in this sector.
At present, Adani Realty is developing about 50 millionsq ft with an investment of about Rs 3,500 crore. These projects would be completed in the next 5-7 years. The 600- acre integrated township at Ahmedabad is its major project.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow