Adele's Skyfall theme wins Oscar for Best Song
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Adele's Skyfall has won the Academy Award for best original song, a first for a James Bond theme.
While 007 themes have long been a beloved movie tradition, they've never before won an Oscar. Three previous Bond tunes were nominated: For Your Eyes Only, Nobody Does It Better and Live and Let Die.
The Oscar extends Adele's award show dominance, leaving only an Emmy eluding her of the major American awards. She accepted the Oscar with producer Paul Epworth, with whom she wrote the lyrics and composed the music.
Adele also performed Skyfall for the first time at the Sunday night ceremony.
The other nominees were Before My Time from Chasing Ice; Everybody Needs a Best Friend from Ted; Pi's Lullaby from Life of Pi; and "Suddenly" from Les Miserables.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held