Aditi, Monique shine; Aryan fastest
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Collegian Aditi Dhumatkar gave a standout performance while winning the women's 5000 metres event, clocking 1:01:21.00 to better her own 2009 record of 1:02:41.28 on the final in the Khar Gymkhana Open Swimming Gala, hosted by Khar Gymkhana here on Sunday However, Aryan Makhija, also from Khar Gymkhana, became the fastest swimmer of the meet when he won the boys under-14 5000m swim with a timing of 1:00:41.69 secs. Monique Gandhi, another product of Khar Gymkhana,too, shared the limelight with Aditi and Aryan. Going for 5000m event in the girls under-16 category, Monique clocked 1:00:58.28 secs to better her clubmate Rujuta Bhatt's last year's timing of 1:05:02.50 secs. In the process, she outdid even the boys under-16 winner Vedant Rao (Otters), who timed 1:01:20.62 secs. Even the second-placed Aakanksha Vora, of Otter, also broke Rujuta's record. Apart from Rs 5000 to each of the winners in all the categories, all the record-breakers were richer by another Rs 2000 for their exceptional feats.
Results: WOMEN: 5000m: 1. Aditi Dhumatkar (Khar Gym) – 1:01:21.00 secs – NMR; 2. Rujuta Bhatt (Khar Gym) – 1:06:28.46; 3. Veeral Mehta (YMCA) – 1:19.45.13. MEN: 5000m : 1. Keshin Bhargava (PSP) – 1:11:02.24 secs; 2. Sshrikant Palande (PSP) – 1:`3:23.68; 3. Hardik Hunekar (MSP) – 1:13:54.35. GIRLS: U-16: 5000m: 1. Monique Gandhi (Khar Gym)- 1:00:58.28 secs- NMR; 2. Aakanksha Vora (Otters) – 1:01:35.19;- BMR; 3. Trisha Bhyimani (Khar Gym).– 1:08:01.81 secs. BOYS:U-16: 5000m: 1. Vedant Rao (Otters) – 1:01:20.62; 2. Jason Smith (Khar Gym) – 1:02:30.00; 3; Amitesh Radghav (Khar Gym) – 1:03:19.99 secs. GIRLS U-14: 5000m: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym) – 1:06:41.00 secs; Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym) – 1:09.43.28; 3. Ananya Kochhar (Otters) – 1:12:19.65. BOYS U-14: 5000m: 1. Aryan Makhija (Khar Gym) -1:00:41.69 NMR.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations