Admin approves construction of underground water reservoirs
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
The UT Administration today gave approval for the utilization of six sites by the Municipal Corporation for the construction of underground water reservoirs in different sectors. The construction of the reservoirs will ensure improved water pressure to residential areas.
The approval of the sites has been pending for more than a year. The sites are present in Sectors 29 C, 31 D, 39 B, 46 C, 47 A and 48 C. Charges, as determined by the Administration for the utilization of these sites by the Municipal Corporation, will be payable by the civic body.
The issue for approval of the sites had been taken up in several meetings of the co-ordination committee. During summers, complaints about low water pressure and water not reaching the upper storeys is common. The construction of the reservoirs had been proposed for overcoming this. However, the approval of sites was to be done by the Administration.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held