Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh would start admission process for MBBS course from August 20 and classes will being next month.
There will be 65 seats this year, AIIMS Rishikesh Director Dr Rajkumar informed Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna during a meeting here, an official release said.
He said the AIIMS was built on a 100-acre plot and if the state government allocated 100 acres more it would facilitate extension of the institute.
The Chief Minister assured him all possible help as Uttarakhand was a hilly region and there was dire need of medical service and medical specialists.
He stressed on opening a trauma centre at AIIMS and said local youths should be given priority in enrolling staff for the institute.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM