Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh would start admission process for MBBS course from August 20 and classes will being next month.
There will be 65 seats this year, AIIMS Rishikesh Director Dr Rajkumar informed Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna during a meeting here, an official release said.
He said the AIIMS was built on a 100-acre plot and if the state government allocated 100 acres more it would facilitate extension of the institute.
The Chief Minister assured him all possible help as Uttarakhand was a hilly region and there was dire need of medical service and medical specialists.
He stressed on opening a trauma centre at AIIMS and said local youths should be given priority in enrolling staff for the institute.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow