Adulteration racket busted, 14 arrested
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Bangur Nagar police on Wednesday busted a milk-adulteration racket and arrested 14 people from Malad (West). They also seized more than 700 litres of adulterated milk from the spot.
Police said at 4.30 am, a team of 70 officials raided Jevrukarwadi slum after they were informed about adulterated milk being sold to residents.
Raghunath Bagul, senior inspector of Bangur Nagar station said, "We were planning this raid for the past few months and after receiving fool-proof information, our officials arrested them red-handed."
Bagul said residents complained about milkmen mixing water into milk, following which police began investigating the matter.
"We got information that the racket is carried on during dawn, just before the milkmen leave to distribute milk in nearby localities," said Bagul. "We are still in search of the main accused who bought milk from the companies and then gave it to the adulterators."
The police have also recovered six motorcycles, which were used to distribute milk packets of branded companies after the adulteration is completed.
"The adulterators remove 25 per cent of the milk from the packets and the mix white coloured liquid in it," police said. The accused will be produced before a metropolitan court on Thursday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet