Advani: No compromise on clean politics
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
At a time when BJP president Nitin Gadkari is accused of corruption, party veteran L K Advani on Sunday said that his party will not comprise on the principle of clean politics.
Inaugurating the 30th anniversary of Bharatiya Vichar Kendram, a research centre of the RSS, Advani said that in politics two things were important — good governance and clean politics. "Good governance comes when you are in power and when out of power, you should be able to give clean politics. Clean politics is the touchstone by which people judge the leaders in a democracy. The BJP would not compromise on this virtue,"
Referring to the recent visit of CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta to his home, Advani said there was no political untouchability with anyone, including the Communists. In the past, Communists and Jan Sangh had worked together, he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet