Advertising rates hit the roof for the India-Pakistan ODIs, T20 cricket series
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The much-anticipated limited overs cricket series, both ODIs and T20 between arch-rivals and India and Pakistan is likely to leave the official broadcasters ESPN STAR Sports richer by more than Rs 140 crore.
ESPN STAR Sports will see huge increase in advertising revenue on the series.
According to industry sources, the spot rates for the ODIs is Rs 7-7.5 lakh while the T20 between two countries is being sold at a mind boggling Rs 9 lakh per 10 second.
The broadcaster, according to industry sources, will earn more than 140 crores of advertising revenue from this mini-series.
Giving rationale for the premium attached to the series, Sanjay Kailash, Executive Vice President, ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd, said, "We are delighted with the response from advertisers on India Pakistan series. India-Pakistan is always extremely sought after and the series therefore was sold at a premium."
Kailash refused to divulge financial details for the series.
"We have monetised India Pakistan ODIs at a rate which is double as compared to the historical industry average. Even rates for India-Pakistan T20 are double than the most sought after T20 tournament in the country."
Sports broadcaster ESPN STAR Sports has signed four Joint Presenting Sponsors including Havell's, Celikon Impex Pvt Ltd, Hero Moto Corp and Micromax LED TV.
There are five Associate Sponsors as well including Coca Cola, Vodafone, Karbonn Tablets, Cadbury and Pidilite.
ESPN STAR Sports will telecast the India Pakistan series on STAR Cricket and STAR Cricket HD in English while STAR Sports will telecast the series in Hindi.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held