Afridiís batting is so bad now, itís embarrassing: Geoffrey Boycott
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Former England cricketer Geoffrey Boycott is the latest player to join the bandwagon of critics condemning Shahid Afridi's recent plunge in his performance.
"His batting is so bad now, it's embarrassing. He can't think, he can't judge the length, and he's just a swiper of the ball. It's appalling to watch him bat," The Dawn quoted Boycott, as saying.
"He bats like a tail-ender. It must be frustrating as hell, exasperating, annoying, to all his supporters, his friends, his captain," Boycott added.
Despite that, he believes the all-rounder is a threat to the opposition with the ball but is wasted as a batsman.
"Whatever his faults, he still has some talent as a bowler. And I still love him. But it is totally exasperating and somebody needs to get hold of him. Whether it's too late, I don't know. But he's wasted an enormous talent at batting," Boycott further said.
Afridi's dreadful performance at the World Twenty20, during which he scored just 30 runs in five innings and took only four wickets in six matches, has attracted much criticism from former players and fans.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow