After 3 sisters' rape-murder, another minor raped in Bhandara
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Another rape of a minor was reported in Bhandara Friday.
A schoolgirl was allegedly lured by her teacher Tuesday and taken on his a bike to the house of an acquaintance, where he allegedly raped her.
Superintendent of police Arti Singh said, "Family of the girl lodged a complaint today. We have arrested the teacher, Yadav Borkar (45). He has been remanded in police custody. The girl from Baleti village in Lakhandur tehsil is an 8th standard student at a zilla parishad school. She was waiting at a bus stop at Pachgaon when the teacher lured her.
"Asked if friend of Borkar was at home when the incident happened, she said, 'Apparently, yes. He told the teacher to go ahead with his plan'."
Meanwhile, there is no progress yet in the probe into the rape and murder of three sisters at Murmadi village in the district. "It is surprising nobody from the village saw the girls being taken away," Singh said.
Bodies of the girls, all below 11 years and missing since February 14, were found in a well on February 16.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations