After Gulzar, Shobhaa De cancels visit to Karachi Literature Festival
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Mumbai-born writer Shobhaa De has also canceled her visit to the Karachi Literature Festival (KLF).
The move comes a day after Indian poet Gulzar and film director Vishal Bhardwaj returned to India from Pakistan apparently over security fears.
According to the Express Tribune, the KLF organisers tweeted from their account that Shobhaa De cancelled because she said her visa was issued too late.
"She'd like to attend #KLF next year and we hope very much that she does," they added.
The Mumbai-born writer tweeted from her own account late on Wednesday that the delay in her visa was the main cause for her decision.
Though, she gave into some conspiracy talk speculating whether the visa was deliberately delayed, the report said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'