After jobless dole, Akhilesh promises 2 lakh jobs in 2 years
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said that in the coming two years, his government will offer nearly two lakh jobs to youths. The Chief Ministers, whose flagship programme has been the cash dole scheme for unemployed youths, said the jobs offered will be particularly of teaching, in police and PAC.
"Our government is committed to providing jobs to the youths. We are making sincere efforts and the results will be visible in the coming two years. There will be two lakh new jobs mainly in teaching, police and PAC. Other sectors will also offer jobs," said Akhilesh at the concluding ceremony of National Women Sports Championship organised at Master Chandagi Ram Stadium in Saifai, Etawah.
He also said that sportspersons will be encouraged and given incentives by his government. "We have already increased the prize money of Yash Bharti Award from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 11 lakh. Many more incentives will follow," he added. The nutrition allowance for sports coaches will also be soon enhanced, he said.
"The SP government is making all efforts for the development of all sections of society. Soon, many more welfare schemes will be launched," he added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held