After promising her job, couple brutalise Bengal woman, held
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Contacted, SHO, Inspector Charanjit Singh Virk said, "We are yet to verify the allegations of sexual assault by the victim".
The police suspect Naresh and Seema of being involved in a human-trafficking racket as they had reportedly brought the victim to the city alongwith two other women. The other women were sent to some other place.
Meanwhile, doctors at Government Multi-Specialty Hospital (GMSH), Sector 16, said that only a swab test will confirm rape for which a chemical analysis report is awaited.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet