After Rockstar Imtiaz Ali, A R Rahman reunite for Highway
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
If all goes well, then music maestro A R Rahman may may compose music for Imtiaz Ali's next film Highway after Rockstar.
Highway, which will also be a musical, is likely to star Randeep Hooda.
"It is almost certain that AR Rahman is on board for Highway. Though there have been on and off murmurs for quite some time around him consenting to this Sajid Nadiadwala production, it is a matter of formality now. Rahman shares a very good relationship with Imtiaz and not many are aware that he had composed some tracks many years ago when Rockstar was being planned with John Abraham. Though Imtiaz had roped in Pritam for Jab We Met and Love Aaj Kal, it was back to Rahman for him when Ranbir Kapoor joined Rockstar, said a source.
The relationship continues with Highway where Randeep Hooda is playing the lead opposite Alia Bhatt.
"It would be quite interesting since the coming together of Rahman, Imtiaz and Nadiadwala is unique in its own way. Each of them comes with their own artistic and commercial sense. Their collaboration should be interesting. Moreover Nadiadwala would be working with Rahman for the first time. As for Imtiaz, music of his films is always very special. He is very excited since the film is not just a love story; it has got a very strong thrill element to it as well. Rahman has a good range of situations to munch on", the source added.
For Rockstar, A R Rahman had given more than what Imtiaz would have demanded by churning out 14 distinct tracks.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held